Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Recap On My Husband's Last Time Home

I want to share a little from my husband's last time home:

My husband got in on Saturday night and I fed him left over turkey wings and American Blend salad and garlic toast. I learned about garlic toast from my dear sister Becky. She'd always make it when I lived with her before I got married and I adopted the idea with my family. My husband got in on Saturday night and he was tired. Sunday we went to church together. We had a baptism after church. A ten-year-old girl wanted to be baptized! Praise God!

We were able to talk with the pastor after service about some personal issues and I felt a lot better after doing that. Here is a picture of us after getting home all dressed up for church:


Sunday night my son had to go to bed early because he was starting school back up after being on Christmas Break for two weeks. It was hard for him to fall asleep that night. My husband and I stayed up playing Scrabble. Fun! I won him. We played another game Monday and here is a picture of that completed board game: I took the picture because I had filled in a w, making the word owe and own and making a complete square with the tiles, which I had never seen before done in Scrabble.



My husband left early early this morning around 3:30am; he gave me a hug and a kiss while I was still laying in bed and we said our goodbyes. I of course sent him with a bag of food. This time, I sent him a bag of fresh oranges and red apples, 1 turkey sandwhich on whole wheat bread, a 1/2 jar of pickles, his hot pickle cut into slices in a tupperware, some bread, a piece of pecan pie, some roasted potatoes, carrots & sweet potatoes, 1 banana and a can of Chicken Noodle Soup.

I had a Dr.'s appointment today and my blood pressure was NORMAL!!!! It was 120/80!!!!! Yeah!!!! I am so happy. Last time it was 140/something and the doctor had wanted to put me on high blood pressure medicine. I told her I didn't feel comfortable in that and that I would try to lower my blood pressure a natural way. I exercised and watched my salt intake. I need to lose weight on a whole, anyway. I want to lose 130 pounds.

later



No comments:

Post a Comment